Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford: Volunteer Opportunities for Grand Opening
725 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA
Volunteers are needed for a series of special events and tours throughout the month of October to celebrate the grand opening of the new Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford. Volunteers will be essential to the success of the grand opening, and we invite you to be part of the action!
We need hundreds of volunteers to make these events special. Volunteer roles include greeting and registering guests, acting as a tour stop host or tour escort, providing general event support, etc. Volunteer roles will be assigned in advance and all volunteers will become familiar with their responsibilities through a formal training program taking place in late September.
- We welcome volunteers ages 14+ to participate in the opening events.
- Some volunteer roles may require standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- Some volunteers may be asked to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Some volunteers may be asked to conduct or escort tours and engage in conversations with guests.
- We will be sure to provide appropriate volunteer placement for those who have mobility or physical limitations. Please contact Brandon Jenkins at Brandon.Jenkins@lpfch.org to discuss any concerns.
- Volunteers must attend a training meeting—this ensures volunteers are prepared, comfortable, and enjoy their experience!
What We Provide:
- Meals or snacks and awesome volunteer t-shirts and swag!
- Brief scripts or talking points for your volunteer role – just a few lines, we promise.
- Training program in late September to ensure you feel comfortable and well-prepared.
- Our heartfelt thanks and appreciation.
- And, finally, Brandon, our volunteer guru, is available and happy to answer any questions you may have.
Questions? Contact Brandon Jenkins at (650) 498-7524 or Brandon.Jenkins@LPFCH.org.
About the new Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford:
The upcoming opening of the new Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford is a realization of the hopes and dreams of so many in our community. With innovative approaches to care, more than 145 private patient rooms, interactive artwork, and 3.5 acres of healing gardens and green space, the 521,000-square-foot expansion will make Packard Children’s the most technologically advanced, family-friendly, and environmentally sustainable hospital for children and expectant mothers in the nation.